Bachelor of Education (Arts)
A bachelor's degree in education is a good way to begin a career in teaching. The degree is expected to equip the learner with the proficiency, confidence and skill to effectively handle learners at the primary and secondary school level. It further prepares trainees effectively in basic professional skills like lessons planning, student discipline, education administration and the psychology of learning.
This program is committed to identifying, educating, and placing highly qualified teacher-leaders in both public and private schools. By applying greater expertise, and demanding better results, these individuals will help bring about a dramatic expansion of educational opportunity and quality at this level of education.
The goal of the St. Paul's University BED Program is to enable graduates to:
- Demonstrate content knowledge.
- Exhibit the dispositions of the Facilitative Teacher.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in the classroom, in the school, and within the teaching profession.
- Establish a respectful environment for a diverse population of students from diverse geographical environments in keeping with the Vision 2030 on education.
The possible teaching subject combinations are:
- English Language & Literature in English
- Mathematics & Business Studies
- Mathematics & Information Technology
- Mathematics & History
- Mathematics & Geography
- Geography & Religious Studies
- Geography & Kiswahili
- Geography & History
- History & Religious Studies
- History & Kiswahili
- Kiswahili & Religious Studies
- Special Needs & Religious Studies
KCSE grade C+ with C+ in the subject chosen for study, Or
A Diploma in a related area with at least a Credit Pass, Or
Primary teacher Education (p1) certificate with at least 2 years teaching experience.
Modes of Study