DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
The Doctor of Philosophy in Development Studies course provides advanced studies in the main disciplines of Development Studies, including Development Economics, Development Sociology, Disaster Management, Organizational development, Child Youth and Development, Conflict Management, and Sustainable Development. The programme will be delivered in a combination of taught courses and independent research. In the first year, all the students will be required to study eight compulsory foundational units.
Mode of delivery
To be eligible for the admission, a candidate must satisfy the following academic qualifications:
- Holder of a Master’s degree in Development Studies or an equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by Senate.
- Holder of master’s degree in relevant social sciences recommended by the Faculty Board and approved by Senate.
- Have two recommendation letters from academic instructors from the applicant’s previous degree program.
- The Candidates will submit applications on the prescribed forms for admission to the University through:
- The Director,
- Board of Postgraduate Studies,
- St. Paul's University,
- P.O. Box Private Bag - 00217 Limuru,
- The Director will ensure that the applicant has provided:
- Two sealed official transcripts of the master’s degree awarded.
- Assurance of adequate financial resources from the candidate, their sponsor, employer or superiors.
- The closing dates for receiving applications will be determined by the Board of Post Graduate Studies.