St. Paul's University Students' Association (SPUSA) is the organization that represents the students’ interests. The aim is to provide a body that students can identify with, feel a commitment to and be proud of.
Student reps are student volunteers who represent the views of their fellow students. They are there to give feedback to the University on the services offered and help to effect change and ensure quality education and services around campus. The student reps are voted in by their fellow students through elections conducted on a yearly basis. They work closely with the University management to find out the main issues affecting students and work together to address them.
Aims and Objectives of SPUSA
- To promote the academic development and intellectual growth of the students.
- To provide for the social and physical welfare of the students.
- To maintain, improve and promote warm relationships between students, lecturers and staff of the University and to enhance mutual trust and confidence among them.
- To regulate the common affairs of the students.
- To promote the spiritual growth of the students.
- To seek, enhance, maintain and protect freedom of conscience, expression and association, academic liberty and all the rights and privileges accruing to students by virtue of their age, status, gender, and citizenship.
- Generally, to do all other things as may appear to be incidental or conducive to the attainment of any or all of the above cited objectives.
The Executive Committee is comprised of the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Vice Secretary, Treasurer, plus not more than two co-opted members of its governing body. The Executive is the channel of communication where students deal with the University management, although departmental issues can be taken up directly by representatives of departments with the appropriate University officer.
All registered students at the University automatically become members of SPUSA. The student organisation is governed by the SPUSA Constitution, which is subordinate to the University Constitution
ST. PAUL’S UNIVERSITY STUDENT’S ASSOCIATION (SPUSA) 2018-2019
- President Thomas Nudi
- Secretary GeneralSylvia Karanja
- Finance Secretary Dennis Irungu
LIMURU CAMPUS GOVERNING COUNCIL
- Governor Emmanuel Sudi
- Deputy GovernorTheophilus Wafula
- Secretary Maureen Gatwiri
- Treasurer Edwin Mwangi
- Sports Representative Bethuel Magina
- Health and SanitationSamuel Mwenda
- Student's Chaplain Monica Karimi
- International Students Representative Tut Jackson
NAIROBI GOVERNING COUNCIL
- Governor Gilbert Kurunoi
- Deputy GovernorKelvin Wainaina
- Secretary Farhiyah Huri
- Treasurer Charles Aroko
- Sports Representative Jackson Kavoi
- Health and Sanitation Monica Ngatia
- Student’s Chaplain Tevin Mwangi
- International Students Jack Garang
NAKURU GOVERNING COUNCIL
- Governor Adam Leloon
- Deputy GovernorFatma Arfun
- Secretary Ruth Wambui
- Treasurer George Njoroge
- Sports Representative Ceaser Gatimu
- Health and SanitationMollen Getu
- Student’s Chaplain Esther Muendo
- International Students Bol Isaac Deng
MACHAKOS GOVERNING COUNCIL
- Governor Anastasia Wambua
- Deputy GovernorJapheth Makau
- Secretary Faith Mumo
- Treasurer Ann Ndinda
- Sports Representative Augustine Kyalo
- Health and Sanitation Lilian Resian
- Student’s Chaplain Muinde M Mutheu
- International Students Walter Kisimar