1st St. Paul’s University Annual International Research Conference (SPUAIRC), 2021
THEME: “Leveraging Research and Innovation for Socio-economic Resilience in a changing world.”
Dates: 21st&22nd October 2021
St. Paul’s University, Faculty of Business Communication and Computer Sciences (FOBCCS) is hosting the 1St St. Paul’s University Annual International Research Conference (SPUAIRC), 2021. The conference theme is “Leveraging Research and Innovation for Socio-economic Resilience in a changing world.” The Conference will be held virtually and will be hosted from the Limuru campus. Participants have been be drawn from Universities Faculty members and students, the private sector, and Professional bodies.
Research is one of the Pillars that underpin learning and teaching at St Paul’s University. It is through research that scholars get to sharpen their knowledge and also to refresh the current state of knowledge. Therefore, the university in its capacity as center for knowledge acquisition and dissemination pursues various research initiatives to this mandate. It is against this backdrop that SPUAIRC 2021 conference offers an opportunity for the scholars to converge and share their research outputs in the context of a changing world.
The Conference therefore aims to strengthen the research process within the university at large. It is a platform where researchers will share their experiences on various sub-themes for the conference. The main objective of the research will be sharing of facts, emerging trends, case studies, current studies and findings on the conference theme and sub-themes.
There will be plenary and three break away sessions based on the sub-themes of the conference. The Plenary sessions will include key presentations from the Key note speakers and a discussion by the Heads of Postgraduate Studies and the Research arms of the University. The Presenters will be given a link for the session that they will participate in and participants will choose the rooms that they want to join and a link will be provided for them based on their choice of room.
The organizing committee invited abstracts of approximately 300 words from the potential participants. The abstracts were peer reviewed and only those selected were slotted for virtual presentation. Each of the accepted abstract was link to a relevant Conference subtheme. At the end of the conference there will be publication of the papers in the peer reviewed SPU journal: African Multidisciplinary Journal of Research.
- To strengthen the research process within the university at large.
- To share facts, emerging trends, case studies, current studies and findings on the conference theme and sub-themes.
- Organizational strategy formulation, implementation and restructuring models
- Technological transformations in media ecosystems
- Contemporary issues in corporate, development, health and environmental communication
- Contemporary human management practices and strategies
- Hybrid work ecosystems and remote work during the COVID 19 Pandemic
- Emerging trends in customer management
- Financial strategies and issues in a dynamic world
- Psychosocial resilience in a dynamic socioeconomic environment
- Entrepreneurial leadership, innovation management, SMEs enabling environment
- Leadership development, organizational change management
- 31st August 2021 - Submission of Abstract
- 12th September 2021 - Submission of Draft Paper
- 20th September 2021 - Submission of Final Paper