2nd “Building Capacity for Nursing and Midwifery Leadership in Africa” Conference
THEME: “Leading Change, Achieving Universal Health Coverage, Achieving Health”
Dates: 13th&14th June 2019
St.Paul's Unversity in partnership with the Ministry of Health, National Nurses Association of Kenya, Nursing Council of Kenya, Medical Benevolence Foundation (MBF) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) will host the second Nursing Leadership Conference on 13th and 14th June 2019 at the main campus in Limuru. The two day conference themed “Leading Change, Achieving Universal Health Coverage, Achieving Health”, aims at empowering healthcare professionals like nurse and midwives to enable them play a leading role and maximize their contributions in tackling major health challenges and achieving Universal Health Coverage.
- To bring together nurses, midwives, experts and leaders impacting healthcare in Kenya and other regions of Africa to explore ways that institutions, organizations, and governments can unlock the leadership impetus for the acceleration and realization of healthy lives and wellbeing of women, children and adolescents as per SDG 3.
- To empower nurses and midwives to take strategic leadership roles in tackling current health challenges, formulating healthcare and nursing policies as well as identifying opportunities for advocacy at local, regional, national and international levels in support of Universal Health Coverage, the Beyond Zero and Nursing Now Campaigns.
- To enhance research capacity and evidence based nursing practice.
- Nursing and Midwifery Leadership
- Nursing and Midwifery Practice and Health Service Delivery
- Integrating Research into Clinical Practice: The Role of Nurses
- 7th June - Deadline for late registration