There is a great deal of support available to help International students to adjust to life in Kenya. The diverse cultures that comprise the university community, ensures that the student has the opportunity to interact with people from different backgrounds.
International students enrich the university with their different ethnic and cultural norms which are shared in the classroom and the living environment.
The SPU International Students Office ensures that international students receive relevant information before their arrival in Kenya and during their stay at the university.
More Information is contained in the International Student Handbook which gives details such as when students should arrive on campus; important documents to have; housing available on campus; various places students can visit during their stay; and Kiswahili utility words among others.
International Students' Pass
The University is pleased to enroll students from different parts of the world. Each international student must fulfill the visa regulations for Kenya regarding their country. The University will facilitate for the student the receipt of the pupil's and dependents' passes. The following are the rules and regulations for the pupil's pass:
Transport to the University from the airport or the bus park and to the same on their way in and out of the University is the responsibility of the student and his/her sponsor. If one is to use the University van he or she will be charges. Please do not force the University through any of it's officers to get free transport. Those who are sponsored the sponsor should be informed by the student about transport. This information is given to all the new students so there is no excuse for not knowing.
- A foreign student is required to have a pupils pass in addition to their passport to legalize their student status in Kenya.
- Such are available from the Kenya Immigration Offices, Nyayo House upon application.
- Forms from the Immigration Department are available in the University Administrators office.
- After those forms are filled, the Administrators office will assist the student by attaching an official letter confirming that the applicant is our student.
- The applicant will provide the office with copies of the required passport pages and two passport size photographs, plus any other information that may be required.
- After the Immigration Office approves the pass, the student applicant is required to pay Ksh. 5,000 for a year of stay in Kenya as a student. In subsequent renewal years Ksh. 5,000 per year will be required.
- Please note that the pass may take from weeks to months before processing, depending on the country of origin and the bureaucracies involved in verifying information given.
- Students who are accompanied by family members (husband, wife, and children) are expected to apply for the dependents' passes from the Immigration Office. Such will be paid for by the student who maintains the dependents. Forms are available from the Administrators office.