Diploma in Computer Science
This course has been designed not only to emphasize on the academic theories and the practical application of computer science, but also to take into considerations the future development of the computer science discipline. It therefore covers most aspects of Information Technology, System analysis and software development.
- Prepare students for progression to ICT degree courses.
- Equip students with the competence and confidence to evaluate ICT requirements in Business and implement effective ICT solutions.
- Produce competent, confident and well-rounded students capable of formal employment in the ICT industry, research Institutions or any other relevant private and public sectors.
- Equip students with skills necessary to use ICT proficiently in day-to-day business.
- Produce competent, confident and well rounded students capable of self employment in the ICT industry & Business.
To be admitted into Diploma in Computer Science, a candidate must satisfy the minimum admission requirements of St. Paul’s University as follows:
- Should have passed with a mean grade of C in KCSE and C - or above in Mathematics
- Any other qualification approved by University Senate.
1 academic year (Three Semesters)