This program is committed to identifying, educating, and placing highly qualified teacher-leaders in both public and private schools. By applying greater expertise, and demanding better results, these individuals will help bring about a dramatic expansion of educational opportunity and quality at this level of education.
The goal of the St. Paul's University BED Program is to enable graduates to:
- Demonstrate content knowledge.
- Exhibit the dispositions of the Facilitative Teacher.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in the classroom, in the school, and within the teaching profession.
- Establish a respectful environment for a diverse population of students from diverse geographical environments in keeping with the Vision 2030 on education.
The possible teaching subject combinations are:
- English Language & Literature in English
- Mathematics & Business Studies
- Mathematics & Information Technology
- Mathematics & History
- Mathematics & Geography
- Geography & Religious Studies
- Geography & Kiswahili
- Geography & History
- History & Religious Studies
- History & Kiswahili
- Kiswahili & Religious Studies
- Special Needs & Religious Studies
KCSE grade C+ with C+ in the subject chosen for study, Or
KACE (A level) with two principal passes or its equivalent, Or
A Diploma in a related area with at least a Credit Pass, Or
Primary teacher Education (p1) certificate with at least 2 years teaching experience.
Mode of study: