Certificate in Music
Admission Requirements • KCSE grade D+ (plus) or its equivalents a credited institution Duration Mode of Study
The program is an introduction to music knowledge and practice. It introduces the learners to a broad diverse aspects of music covering the following areas: Music Theory; Introduction to voice; Introduction to history of Western music; introduction to worship; music and worship; church music administration; African culture, communication and Music; Composing songs for choir and “Praise team”; Choral Ministries; Creative and Contemporary Worship; Introduction to Musical Instruments, Introduction to Studio and Recording; and History of African Choral Music.
• No credit transfers will be provided
Day & Evening
• KCSE grade D+ (plus) or its equivalents a credited institution
Mode of Study
Diploma in Music
This course is geared towards preparing students for a Bachelors’ Degree in Music. learners are equipped with skills in diverse aspects of music covering the following areas: Music Theory 1; Music Theory 2; Introduction to the History of Music, ; leading worship; Music Education; Theology of Music; African Music and Musical Instruments; Choral Conducting; Introduction to Arts Management; Composing New Songs; Introduction to Musical Instruments; Studio Audio and Video Recording; voice; Music Adjudication; and Music Performance and Practice.
- A minimum KCSE grade C- OR
- O Level division III with a minimum of 38 points with 6 credits OR
- A‘ Level with 2 principal passes. OR
- D+ in KCSE with additional one-year certificate or above from a college OR
- Equivalents to the above qualifications as determined by St. Paul‘s University Senate.
Duration of the Programme
The duration of the course is four(4) semesters
The course work takes three semesters and on the final semester students will do a supervised practicum on the area of interest or inclination. At the end they will submit a portfolio and later be expected to give a practical demonstration or an oral presentation their work.
[No form id or name provided!]
Enter the certificate number
( Case sensitive )
- Please enter your certificate number correctly
- Student no
- Cert no