Bishop Okullu Memorial Library is named after the Late Anglican Bishop Henry Okullu (1929-1999) a legendary outspoken Kenyan on issues of human rights and justice, advocating a multiparty system of governance. Located in the scholarly serene, cool and quite paradise of LIMURU, The Main Campus Library was erected with the assistance of Protestant Churches and Missions in Germany and opened in 1996. An extension to the library was opened on 23rd October 2008 by Archbishop Benjamin Nzimbi to accommodate the growing number of students and is now a state-of-art one stop information center.
The library aims to embrace the rapid global changes in ICT, while at the same time seeking to enhance its role in the university’s efforts in realizing its vision and the fulfillment of its mission and institutional values.
To be a leading Center of knowledge and global information and retain relevance in response to user- needs.
To acquire current and relevant information resources and provide information access for the development of Servant Leaders.
- To widen access and promote use of Information
- To develop user-centered information services
- To enhance information literacy
- To maintain the integration of ICT in information harnessing
- To preserve and conserve information resources
To maintain local and international partnerships
- Next >>