By Kendall Batten Kalantzis
“We may come from different places, we may speak different languages and worship in different ways, but we are all sisters.”
The above words were spoken at a meeting of the Eastleigh Women’s Fellowship, a bi-weekly project of the St Paul’s University’s, Centre for Christian Muslim Relations (CCMRE), Eastleigh. At the Eastleigh Women’s Fellowship, women who are Christian and Muslim,youthful and experienced, Kenyan, Somali, and Ethiopian, all come together to listen, learn, and build relationships in a respectful and safe environment.In collaboration with the Rev Dr Joseph Wandera, the Centre coordinator, I was privileged to participate in both the planning and initiation of this Fellowship Group while I interned with the CCMRE in the summer of 2013. Continue Reading
The University Work study Program provides part time employment opportunities for full time students who demonstrate financial need. The program is an avenue for the University to support needy student achieve their academic dreams.
SELECTION OF RECIPIENTS
Selections will be based on student’s overall academic progress, financial need, and the overall participation in the life of the university.
- Be a registered student
- Be in the undergraduate program and above
- Must be second year in your program of study and above
- Must be involved in the life of the university community in the spiritual, academic and social life.(Practice the ethos of the university)
- Include the relevant documents required in the application form.
- Complete the Application form
Renewal of work study
Work study may be renewed after one semester based on availability of funds, satisfactory academic progress, and commitment to the ethos of the university.
SEPTEMBER 2013 WORK STUDY
All those interested in applying for work study this semester are required to collect a work study form
from the following places:
- Limuru – document centre (n.b.: completed forms to be submitted to dean of students secretary)
- Nairobi – assistant dean of student’s office
- Machakos and Nakuru – campus coordinator’s office
Complete the forms and submit them to the same people as above before September 18th, 2013.